Full moons are times for completions, creative outpourings, and harvesting that mark the completion point of the monthly moon cycle.. The sun is opposite the Moon giving full exposure with 100% illumination. THE FULL MOON IS HERE TO SHOW US WHAT WE NEED TO END, COMPLETE, ACKNOWLEDGE, OR WHAT NEEDS ADJUSTING. This LUNAR energy speaks to our emotions, instincts and security and act as giant cosmic spotlights.
It can feel explosive and energising, but it can also leave you feeling anxious, contribute to sleeplessness, sensitivity and irritability. It starts to calm down during the 2 wks leading up to the next NEW MOON the following month ready to begin again the cycle again. Whatever is going on in your body, mind and spirit will be amplified at this time. You can capitalise on this energy during this time if you understand what its showing you. To Book click here
THE WINTER SOLSTICE
The Winter Solstice (or hibernal solstice), also known as midwinter, is an astrological phenomenon marking the day with the shortest period of daylight and the longest night of the year. This ‘peak darkness’, also marks the beginning and return of spring. From the solstice onward, the days should get longer with more daylight.
At this time the winter solstice can also be viewed as metaphor for life, reflecting life back to us in all its glory – where we often have to accept the darkness, whether it be darkness within ourselves (shadows), friends, family or just the world in general. It is a time for reflection, acceptance and the celebration of the turning tide of winter to welcome in the New Year and the lighter days ahead of spring and the warmer summer months yet to come.
With the return of longer days, it also represents ‘hope’. Hope in the knowledge that one way or another, the light will shine once again, with the hope that any darkness will finally come to an end.
These ‘shadows’ or deeper selves help us to realize who we really are and what we represent. It allows us to focus more on self-love and self-acceptance, and the potential for peace and harmony in the ‘light’ of greater knowledge and understanding. To Book Click here
This will be a gentle, reflectie and instinctive Gong Meditation primarily to support you at this time to trigger your own self-healing capacity, and to bring balance and clarity. As the Full Moon cycle moves around the relevant planets each month I will make use of this energy on a practical level to create a beautiful Gong experience. THE FULL MOON WILL MOVE INTO THE NURTURING PLANET OF CANCER ON 22ND DEC 2018
Each FULL MOON I will be using guided visualisations to guide you forward and will include…
- Identifying what the current and Full Moon/linked planet is sharing with us .
- Look at how you can best utilise this energy
- Include simple giveaway tips to help utilise and ground this energy.
“We are slowed down sound and light waves, a walking bundle of frequencies tuned into the cosmos. We are souls dressed up in sacred biochemical garments and our bodies are the instruments through which our souls play their music.” Albert Einstein
First let me welcome you to this fascinating form of vibrational medicine known as Sound Therapy. Imagine an orchestra playing and then see this as being representative of the human body. If one or more musician plays a dud note, or plays off key, this will affect the whole orchestra. If not corrected the entire organism will become discordant as a result. In order to restore balance and harmony, a conductor becomes necessary.
The conductor can be likened to healing frequencies. These healing frequencies may come from the human voice, a gong, didgeridoo, tuning forks or any other form of sound that holds harmonic frequencies. Sound has the abiltiy to trigger and support the body’s own innate natural self-healing potential. It can help to effectively re-harmonise, re-energise, help restore order and balance to the body, mind and spirit.
GONGS HEAL AND EMPOWER
- Gongs are powerful tools for change. It is the sound of the AUM or Om, which is the sound of the universe, all that is, and the sound of the soul. It carries the sounds of total resonance, incorporating all the tones and harmonics on the sound spectrum, the range of which is phenomenally mind boggling.
- Gongs make sounds beyond our human hearing capacity but your body will nevertheless feel its vibration, frequency and energy. Our bodies are what is known as an ideophone where our cells hear everything.
- The gong will shut down your chattering mind in seconds, immediately taking you into a meditative state. In this meditative state your mind and body become most receptive to healing.
- The gong will mix the senses and take to into a world of dreams, magic and possibilities. It will unlock your creativity as it shuts down the left brain in favour of the the more creative right side of the brain.
- The gong in ancient times has been used as a scared instrument in religious ceremony, rituals and for spiritual awakening. As a tool it will affect us emotionally, mentally, physically as well as spiritually.
THE GONG EXPERIENCE
You really do not need to do anything other than book, come to the event, lie down and relax. Cushions, blankets and mats are provided, although please feel free to bring your own. Newcomers are alwasy welcome but please do check out the guidelines outlined below.
The expereince can be deeply relaxing, deeply moving and very emotional. It can sometimes also feel uncomfortable as it can also take to you to the edge of your fears and beyond. It is releasing and may propel you forward with greater intuitive insights.
Guided meditation/visualisation is used to set intentions. Intentions work in harmony with Sound Therapy. Intention is the motivation you bring to the work. This relates to our thoughts, words, deeds and actions. Energy follows thought so its important to set the RIGHT intention for the highest and best possible desired outcome. Intentions set the tone and directs the energy like an arrow – the Gong propels you forward on an energetic level like the bow to your arrow.
Please observe the guidelines below
- Kindly arrive on time so as not to disturb the class.
- The sessions are for 16+only unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Not advisable during pregnancy
- If you have a pre-existing illness or metal implants (pins,screws, pacemaker etc) please ensure you consult your GP before attending. It can resonate the metal or change the rhythm of the pacemaker.
- Recent surgery – within the last 6 six weeks.
- If you have a history of serious psychological/mental disturbance, please consult your GP before attending.
- Any condition that is sound sensitive can be triggered by sound – tinnitus, Ménière’s disease, epilepsy. Please seek your doctors advice before attending
- No claims for the curing of any illness is made.
You may also book direct with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org thus avoiding Eventbright fees.
WORKING WITH THE FULL MOON ENERGY
NEXT DATES: FRIDAYS 8-9PM 28th Sept, 26th Oct, 23rd Nov 2018
TO BOOK VIA EVENTBRIGHT CLICK HERE
To avoid Event bright fees click HERE
There is only one full moon each month because the moon only opposes the sun once per month in its orbit. The phases of the moon are caused by how much of its visible surface is illuminated by the sun’s light, and a full moon only occurs when the moon is on the opposite side of the Earth from the sun.
SYMBOLISM AND THE MOON
Various symbols have been prescribed to the full moon. Some cultures identify the moon as a feminine symbol that represents the rhythm of time while in other cultures it has religious significance. In India the full moon is said to control the flow of all water in the universe. In scientific realms, the moon is said to control tidal flow. In Buddhist ideology, full moon days maintain significance as a time for religious reflection.
Following moon cycles can be a great way to set goals and reap their benefits. Astrologers believe that our energy begins to build at the new moon, then peaks two weeks later at the full moon. In many cultures, farmers have planted by the new moon and harvested by the full moon.
New moons mark beginnings, and are the perfect time to kick off any new project or idea. Lay the groundwork for what you want to manifest in the coming six months. Set intentions or initiate relationships and tend to them for a half year. Fresh starts are favored by the new moon.
Full moons are times for completions, creative outpourings, and harvesting. They’re also your cue to cash in on anything you started at the corresponding new moon six months earlier. What have you been building toward? Full moons act as giant cosmic spotlights, so they can be illuminating.
Everything comes out into the open in the light of the full moon—including the parts of human nature known as the “shadow.
MORE MORE INFO AND GUIDANCE CLICK HERE
“Joh’s gong baths are the perfect antidote to the hustle and stress of London – in fact I love them so much I travel in from Southend! I love the way I can completely relax during the session and just let the sound do it’s work, without even fully needing to understand how it works. When I leave I feel really ‘zen’ and like everything is ok in the world and for the next few days I always feel calm, centred and more in control of whatever’s going on in my life at the time. It’s like going on a mini-retreat each time. Thanks Joh! xxx”. Sara
“Joh’s classes have been eye opening. I had not experienced sound healing before but I have been astonished by how powerful it can be, how my body has responded and how my mind cleared. I have loved attending the chakra based sessions, how they have built on each other, each one with a clear intention. Joh has a natural warm, intuitive and engaging style. A fabulous, unique experience.” Sally
TO BOOK VIA EVENTBRIGHT – FEES APPLY
To avoid Event bright fees click HERE